Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Graphic Novel Review

1.) I found this graphic novel to be very different than other books, which I have read in the past. I felt that the author was trying to convey a message, which was that you should never take what you have for granted. I noticed throughout the book that the characters seemed to be regretting things they did or tried to fix things they have done. For instance, at the end of the book Enid went back for advice from Bob Skeetes, whom she had been very rude to earlier in the book. Also Rebecca noticed how much she would miss Enid once she left for collage. I did not like this graphic novel because I did not like the ending I found it to be confusing and did not rap up the story. I felt like there was a lot of useless information in the story and they kept changing the main point of the story.

2.) Enid, is one of the two main characters, I noticed throughout my reading of this graphic novel that she seems to not be confident of herself. She tends to judge others and herself very easily and I don’t think she has found the person inside of her who has not yet come out. Enid seems to be the type of girl who is very creative and she dresses up like a new person everyday in hopes to relate to one. I think that that shows a sign of weakness, because she is not being herself and leaving her vulnerable. She has much more potential than she thinks.

3.)

This panel caught my attention because it was the first panel to make me relies that Enid was changing her fashion and appearance daily. I felt this was important because you got to understand her character much more clearly.

I found this panel to be quite humorous, it showed how Rebecca and Enid are always picking on Josh and the way they treat him.

I took a second look at this panel because I realized that even though Enid didn’t like Bob Skeetes very much she was able to grow to see him for more than she previously had and sleeked him for advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment